My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Update

Three men and a truck from the Salvation Army showed up a little before ten yesterday morning. They carried out the old computer and monitor. Two men carried the monitor down the stairs and out to the truck, and it was very difficult for them. I reaffirm that I will only buy laptop computers in the future. They also carried the exercise bicycle down the stairs. The lawnmower, wheel barrow and one shelf unit were easy to get out of the garage.
 
I think I will have them come back one more time before I move. I have just about decided to part with the computer table. I have a computer cabinet that I bought from Ethan Allen. It looks like a roll top desk. It was designed to hold the original IBM PC and a dot matrix printer--how short sighted. It is a very nice piece of furniture. I have done some measuring and find that my laser printer, cable modem and WiFi router will fit under the roll top. There is a hole in the back so the power cords and cables can be plugged in. My scanner will fit on the pull out shelf that housed the dot matrix printer. I am glad I will get some more use from the cabinet and will be able to camouflage the ugly computer peripherals. The computer table does not really fit in with my furniture. I was thinking about putting it in the garage, but now I am leaning toward getting rid of it. I need to think about it a little more.
 
I have decided when I finally move I will have the movers put the refrigerator, freezer and big TV in the garage. I will leave the key with a neighbor so they can let the Salvation Army in to pick up the last three big items. It seems if I give my problems enough thought a solution comes to me.
 
I have finished going through the items on the shelves of the library closet and also removed all the items that were sitting on the floor of the closet. I was able to put my entire collection of paperback books on one of the shelves. It sure looks much better to get those books off of the floor. Tomorrow I am going to fold all of the clothes that are in the closet and take them to Goodwill. Then I am going to tackle the bookshelves. They are very nice Ethan Allen shelves, but they have been the landing spot for all the computer manuals and software boxes that I have acquired over the years. I will keep just the manuals for my current hardware and software.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.