My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Back from Frisco

I had a safe trip to and from Frisco. The driving time is approximately six hours from my home in Beaumont to the hotel in Frisco. The weather cooperated for this trip. On Monday I met with my sales rep. and toured a couple of the model homes that are still under construction. There were some pleasant surprises in that Del Webb has decided to include more upgrades in the homes than were outlined at the January seminars. The kitchen counters have been upgraded from Corian to granite. Corian will still be used in the bathrooms. Two ceiling fans have been added and the wiring and bracing for ceiling fans in all bedrooms is now included. A burglar alarm system with one pad and senors on all doors and windows is now included. Many other features that are upgrades at the Sun City Texas houses at Georgetown are now standard in the Frisco Lakes homes. A front and back sprinkler system and landscaping and sod of the backyard are included.
 
I paid the $1,000 to be included in the pre-opening registration. Next Wednesday at 11 AM a link to the website will become live. The choice of lots will be determined according to the order people register online next Wednesday. Sales meetings will begin on March 18. I did not realize that I may be going back to Frisco so soon. In nine or ten days the commitment will be made. I hope I do not get cold feet. After I sign the sales contract, maybe my brain will stop running in such high gear.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger momula said…

    Hi Sally,

    The Frisco development sounds very nice. I'm sure it's natural to be hesitant about making a big change in your life, but it's a positive change, made for sound reasons. I bet you'll be happy.

    Interesting that you and Sandy have moved around to different areas in your lives. Despite the unpleasant weather (at times), I don't know if I could ever move from New England ... mostly because virtually all of my family is here. My husband, who is from El Paso, would like to get a retirement place there (to be near his family) or in New Mexico. I love visiting out there, I just would always want a foot in New England, too. I wonder if that sentimentality is holding me back?

    Take care,
    Momula

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.