My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

No Earpads


Now I am really getting disgusted. My package from the online Apple Store was out for delivery on the FedEx vehicle all day yesterday. A little after 6 PM the status changed to delivery exception because of weather delay again. This is ridiculous. The only thing wrong with the weather was it was a little chilly. The temperature was in the high 40’s. Now the estimated delivery has been changed until Tuesday. The really sorry thing is that this package requires my signature. If I miss the delivery attempt, who knows when I will get my earpads. If you ever see FedEx services called SmartPost or Home Delivery Indirect, avoid them. They are no good.

I had a couple of good ideas yesterday that will make my life a little easier and best of all did not cost any money. When I went to Sun City Texas back in November, I noticed they had a pair of Bose computer speakers connected to a TV that was playing some of their sales propaganda. I have a pair of those speakers attached to my old desktop computer that I do not use anymore. I have another pair of Bose powered speakers in the bedroom that I call the den. I have been attaching my iPod to them, and I think it sounds very good. I untangled the computer speakers from the computer and took them to the bedroom I call the library. I set the speakers on top of my tall book shelves. I attached the iPod and tested the sound. It is quite good. Now I can sit in my recliner and listen to the iPod. The little earbuds hurt my ears so I think this is a much better way to listen.

When I untangled the computer speakers, I found I had used the long speaker extension cord to attach the speakers to my computer sound card. It must be at least 30 feet long. I have been using the auxiliary function on my Bose Wave radio to listen to the iPod in my bedroom. The radio is across the room from my bed. I can turn the radio on from my bed with the remote but had to walk across the room to control the iPod. I connected the long extension cord to the radio’s cable and ran it along the baseboard to my night table. Now I can connect the iPod and control it without getting out of bed. Very lazy but nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.