My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Slow Shipping


Last Saturday I placed three online orders. One week later I have received none of them. Apple shipped the iPod earpads the same day as I placed the order by what is called FedEx Home Delivery Indirect. I think “Indirect” is the operative word. The package arrived in Beaumont yesterday morning and was sent out for delivery. I waited all day. At 5:30 I checked the tracking information and saw the package was returned to the terminal for next business day delivery. This morning when I checked there was an added message that said shipment delayed because of inclement weather. At 5:30 PM there was no weather problem in Beaumont. Anyway the package is out for delivery again this morning.

Amazon waited five days before they shipped my order. It is being shipped from Coffeyville, Kansas, by the U.S. Postal Service. I should receive the package Monday or Tuesday. I have received mailed packages from Amazon.com’s distribution center in Coffeyville before and usually they have gone quite smoothly. Amazon.com often drags their feet when you choose the free shipping option.

Alldirect.com shipped my books last night via FedEx, and I am scheduled to receive them on Thursday. Alldirect.com usually takes 2-3 business days before they ship. I have had the extra delay at Christmas time in past years. Their cheap prices and free shipping are worth the wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.