My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

First Day with Razr


It has been 34 hours since I activated my new phone, and my old phone number has not been transferred. I read the manual yesterday and started storing phone numbers. I have a couple of complaints. The call volume seems rather low. I have put it all the way to the maximum level. At home I can use the speaker feature but worry that I will be unable to hear when I am in a noisy environment.

My old Motorola Timeport allowed me to insert pauses in a phone number sequence which was great for navigating automated menu systems and storing account numbers. I searched the manual for the new phone and could not find what the Timeport called “pause dialing.” I did a Google search and found that a couple of people were complaining about the same thing on Razr discussion forums. I then searched the Motorola Razr support website. They listed a procedure for storing a phone number and then storing a sequence of numbers that you want to transmit while a call is in progress. It requires you to step through a couple of menus which is rather awkward. I could accomplish the same thing with a single press of a button with the old phone.

This morning I tested the video capture feature. I shot a couple of videos of Henry while he was kicking his ball. The videos are rather mediocre. I then had a hard time figuring out how to delete the videos. The manual was no help. Finally I figured out how to get to a menu to delete them.

The phone came with $15 worth of air time and a $25 bonus card. The initial $15 is good for 60 days and 60 minutes. The $25 card is good for 90 days and 120 minutes. If I go ahead and buy the $100 card and use it before the $25 card, I can increase the value of the $25 card to 150 minutes which expire in 365 days under T-Mobile’s Gold Rewards Program. In order to get the best deal from T-Mobile’s Pay as You Go plan, it is necessary to qualify for the Gold Rewards as quickly as possible. As soon as you purchase $100 worth of air time, you qualify for Gold Rewards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.