My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Update


Yesterday I went to the Broadway Bank of America Banking Center. There was a woman at the ATM. As soon as I walked up, she started complaining about the inconvenience because of the West Beaumont branch being closed. She told me she had heard West Beaumont would reopen on December 19. I really hope that is correct. I am going to go by there on Monday and find out if it is true. There are so many lingering reminders of Hurricane Rita. Yesterday, however, I saw many building that have been repaired. One more house on my street got a new roof yesterday. Twelve of the fourteen houses now have new roofs. The street is actually looking better than it did before the hurricane, but I am so tired of hearing the pounding as the new roofs are installed.

I was not able to buy a copy of Consumer Reports yesterday to read the article on cellular providers. Wal-Mart has T-Mobile phones. I was able to hold the Motorola Razr. The phone is rather large, but its outstanding feature is that it is very thin. Wal-Mart does not provide the Razr on the Pay as You Go plan. I ordered the Razr from T-Mobile’s website when I got home. They recommended paying $11.99 for overnight shipping if you were transferring a phone number. They said the standard free shipping would take 3 to 5 business days. I decided to go with the free shipping because it would not bother me to be without cell service for a few days. Yesterday I received a shipping confirmation from T-Mobile. They shipped the phone UPS second day air. I thought that was very nice. This morning I changed my mind. The phone was shipped from Dallas last night and is due to be delivered tomorrow. This is not good. Normally UPS can deliver their ground service from Dallas to Beaumont in one day. I checked my Sprint phone this morning, and it is still working. If T-Mobile transferred my phone number, the Sprint service should have stopped. I will wait until the phone arrives. I hope I do not have to battle both T-Mobile and Sprint to get my number transferred and the Sprint service canceled. My home phone rolls over to the cell phone. I hope that still works correctly. I might even have to fight with SBC to get that feature working again. Maybe things will work as they are supposed to, and I will not have any hassles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.