My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Goodbye Sprint


My mind is ninety percent made up to switch my cell phone service to a T-Mobile Pay as You Go Plan. I crunched the numbers. I estimate I can pay the non-discounted price for the Motorola Razr and still save $75 the first year. After the first year I should be able to save over $300 a year. I found that the January issue of Consumer Reports has an article that rates cellular providers. I am going to see if I can buy a copy this morning. If there is not too much negative information on T-Mobile, I will make the switch. I called Sprint to find out what is involved in canceling their service. The lady I talked to was very nice and asked if there was a problem she could help me with. I told her I had decided I could save quite a bit of money by switching to a prepaid service. She told me that Virgin Mobile is affiliated with Sprint, and I should check them out. She said it was a CDMA network. I do not want that. I want GSM like T-Mobile that works in most countries. The Sprint rep. also told me that as soon as the new company switches my telephone number the Sprint service will be automatically canceled.

I looked at the Motorola website and found the ring tones for the Razr. My old phone does not support the downloadable ring tones so this will be a new playtoy for me. I listened to ring tones and found one that I liked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.