My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Update


Yesterday I decided not to wait the full 72 hours for my old cell phone number to be transferred to the new phone, and I called T-Mobile’s Customer Care. It was a good thing that I did. I was given a direct number to the porting department. The rep. checked my account and saw there were errors in the transfer process. She tried to clear the errors and finally called Sprint. Sprint said they would have the conflicts cleared in 6-24 hours. The T-Mobile rep. told me that when the number transferred there would be a 24 hour transition period where I could make calls from the T-Mobile phone and would still receive calls on the Sprint phone. She told me to call back in 24 hours to make sure the transfer was completed. Well it did not work that way. At 3:15 yesterday afternoon I got a text message from T-Mobile telling me that my phone number was the old Sprint number. I found I could make and receive calls on the T-Mobile phone and the Sprint phone no longer worked. This is very good, and now I do not have to spend any more time on the phone with them. Also I can no longer access my Sprint account online. I wonder if there will be one final bill; or if, I am due a refund.

This morning I got an email from T-Mobile’s online support regarding unlocking the phone. They said if I paid full price for the phone it could be unlocked immediately. They wanted me to fax a copy of my receipt to them. I collected all the information they requested and sent the fax. So far my T-Mobile experience is very good.

I ran errands yesterday. At each stop I checked the signal strength on my Razr. It was at least three bars every time I looked at it. It appears the phone will work well around Beaumont. My old phone could send and receive text messages, but I never signed up for the service. T-Mobile charges ten cents for outgoing text messages and incoming messages are free. I set up filters in Yahoo Mail to notify me when I receive certain emails. I also set up Yahoo Alerts to notify me of weather and breaking news. This is old hat to most people, but I am having fun with it.

I have set up reminders to get my tires’ air pressure checked periodically. I went to Discount Tire and got them checked yesterday. The tires are holding up well so I must be dodging the nails that are still plentiful around Beaumont. I keep thinking about the new Acura RL that has a digital readout of tire pressure available on the dashboard display. That would be very nice to have. The street congestion seems to be lessening. It is still heavier than before the hurricane but not as bad as it was. I went to Sam’s Club. They are installing new gasoline pumps. They only had regular gasoline available. Work was in progress on the premium system. My car uses premium so this was frustrating. The store was very crowded inside. Shoppers are getting serious about Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.