My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, October 07, 2005

No TV – No Internet


It is a little after 6:30 PM on Friday, October 7. The cable and TV have been out for over six hours now. There may be a significant lag between writing this and posting it to my blog.

I washed a couple of loads of clothes. The washer and dryer are in good shape. I unpacked and put away all the things I took with me when I evacuated. It seems to take so much longer to unpack than it does to pack.

I went through the little stack of mail that the mailman gave me. The water bill and the notification of the deposit of my pension check are the only things of importance that are missing. The pension check was deposited electronically so there is no problem. My neighbor just brought one piece of mail to me that was mixed in with theirs.

I scanned all of the important papers that were in the mail and also scanned all of the receipts for my expenses I incurred during the evacuation into my pc. I made a list of all the food that I threw out. I have a stack of grocery store receipts and estimated the value of the food I threw out. It was only $77 so that is not really a significant amount. I still have to make a list of the damages to the house and property. I should take some pictures. The insurance adjuster is supposed to come see me on Monday afternoon.

All my neighbors were asking when I was going to get my lawn mowed. Jose showed up late this afternoon. I hope the neighbors are happy now.

Since I can’t watch TV I think I will listen to the podcasts I have on my iPod. I am too tired to do anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.