My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Aberrations


I woke up around 2 AM and several lights were on all over the house. I have most of my ceiling lights, lamps and ceiling fans on X-10 controllers. The lights are turned off and on by programmable controllers and remote controls. One of my controllers was fried during the storm; and as a result, in part of the house the modules are not being turned on and off. I do not know if the power supply is having surges that are causing my lights to behave erratically or if my one remaining controller also has problems.

I used to have a controller than was programmed by my computer. This controller connected to the computer via a 9-pin serial port. When I got a computer that used the USB ports, I could no longer use the computer interface. There is now a computer interface for the X-10 modules that is USB enabled. I would order one, but I do not know if UPS and FedEx are making normal deliveries to this area yet. Two weeks ago today Hurricane Rita complicated everyone’s life in Beaumont, Texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.