My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, December 23, 2005

No GPS Purchase


Sometime ago I wrote about my desire to purchase a GPS. I had read about the Nuvi 350 that Garmin was preparing to release. It sounded like it included everything that I wanted. The unit is available now. It has a list price of almost $900. I have been searching for a discounted price from what I think is a reliable dealer and have not found anything that tempted me. I have also been following discussion forums. For the most part the unit is getting good reviews, but the common complaint is that everyone feels that the Nuvi 350 is overpriced. Yesterday The Wall Street Journal’s tech reporter, Walt Mossberg, reviewed the unit. The title of the article was “Nuvi GPS Receiver Is Too Rough a Guide for the High Price Tag.” I imagine by the time the price falls to a reasonable level there will be a newer model with more bells and whistles. The best GPS that I have seen has an Acura RL attached to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.