My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Oh My!


I thought I had the handheld GPS products fully figured out and had decided what I wanted to buy. That was what I thought before I checked Amazon.com yesterday and saw a new Garmin Nuvi 350. It will not start shipping until sometime in November. I am really glad I had not made a purchase. The Nuvi 350 sounds like Garmin read my mind and put everything that I ever wanted in a GPS into this model. It comes preloaded with all the U.S. city details. There are optional travel guides that will take care of Europe. These are sold on SD memory cards so there is no complicated downloading process from a pc. This model includes a suction cup mounting kit so it can be used in the car. It is no bigger than a deck of cards so it can fit in a pocket or purse. This one gives voice directions like the expensive navigation systems that are being installed in new cars. It also has an optional subscription service that gives traffic conditions. If this thing delivers on all that is promised, I have to have one. I am not going to be the first kid on the block to buy one. I will wait to see reviews from actual users. This will delay my purchase, but I think it will be worth the wait. nĂ¼vi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.