My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I am Thankful


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I took a little time to stop and think about what happened in the past year for which I am very thankful. One item is very obvious. I am thankful that I survived Hurricane Rita with so little damage to my home and was able to safely evacuate for the two week period while conditions in Beaumont were so difficult.

I have something even more important than surviving Rita to be thankful for that I have not written much about in my blog. A year ago in late October I had surgery on my right eye to implant a lens and remove a cataract. In January I went through the same procedure on my left eye. I was extremely nearsighted. I had worn glasses or contact lenses since I was ten years old. I had reached the point where I could not drive at night. I had to stop wearing my contact lenses last August to allow my corneas to stabilize before the surgery. From August until after the surgery in January I could hardly find groceries on the shelves in the stores. I was really in bad shape. There was no way I could have driven my car out of Beaumont if a hurricane had struck last year and an evacuation was required. Now my distance vision is better than 20/20. I need glasses only for reading. For this I am extremely thankful.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Barbara In Caneyhead said…

    Hey, Sally! Good to meet you! Found you from Mark's Beaumont Blog. So happy for you about your vision. Can certainly understand your thankfulness for it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.