My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Talked to Neighbor Again


I called the home phone of my neighbor who lives across the street. He and his wife have settled back into their house. He has a little siding off, but he has one of the three new roofs on the street and has no damage inside. He told me things are not so good with most people on the street. I knew about my neighbor on the east side, but I learned that the neighbor on my west side also has a hole in the roof and water damage. The houses on my street are 17-18 years old.

For those of you who are reading my blog and have a house that is nearing the time for a new roof. Do not procrastinate. Get a new roof as soon as possible.

My neighbor said my yard has trash in it that blew off of other houses and needs to be mowed. My yard needed to be mowed before I left. My yardman did not show up on the day before I evacuated. I certainly did not hold that against him. I thought he was probably getting his family ready to evacuate. I just hope he will be able to resume his regular schedule soon after I get back. Life is going to be different and more difficult in Beaumont. I hate the noise that home improvement projects create. I will probably be hearing construction noise for a lengthy time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.