My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Hurricane Season is Over in Texas


That is what I heard a local TV weatherman say. I really hope that he is correct. The temperature is 45 degrees right now. That is a winter-time temperature. The high for today is forecast to be 67. I turned the heat on before I went to bed last night. I am going to love winter.

I turned on CNN’s coverage of Hurricane Wilma last night and had to turn it off after a few minutes. It brought back too many very painful memories of lying awake in the bed in the hotel room in Texarkana and the next few days when I had no idea if I still had a house to go home to.

I put everything back in one of the front bedrooms as it was before the storm. I use the room as a den. I have a sofa bed and usually watch TV in the room and keep my computer in there. This morning I am working on the computer in the room and letting Henry run around and play as I am writing for my blog. This is my old routine. The first time I have done this since September 21.

I am going back to Sam’s Club this morning. This will be my third trip over there since I returned from the evacuation. I have not been able to get everything restocked. During normal times I go to Sam’s approximately every two weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.