My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Update


A technician from Efficient Systems gave my heating system its fall check yesterday. I asked him to take a thorough look around the attic. He said the ducts looked like they were straight with no damage and all the insulation seemed to be in place. He said everything was normal with the heating system. Although it was not part of the fall check I asked him to put his gauges on the air conditioner and check the coolant pressure. It was a little low and he added some coolant to it. This was the first time in four years that coolant has been added. The coil in the attic has been replaced multiple times in this house. I hope that will not have to be done again before I move.

Marguerite called again last night. She finally made direct contact with local employees of the Del Webb Frisco Lakes development. She confirmed the earlier information that houses will not be ready for occupancy until August. She said they are going to have a grand kickoff in late January or February. I will go up there when that happens. I called the Super Shuttle and asked if they would be providing service to DFW from the Frisco Lakes area. I gave them the zip code, and was told that it is within their service area. Yesterday’s American Airlines NetSAAver fares had me drooling. It would be wonderful to be able to get those cheap fares.

My package from Buy.com departed Houston in the wee hours of this morning. It should be in Beaumont and on the van for delivery shortly. Tomorrow morning there will be lights in the living room when I go downstairs. I figured out that the motion detectors in the master bath and kitchen are still working. The X-10 receivers apparently are not as sensitive as the old Stanley transceivers that Rita destroyed.

There was a rather sad story on the news last night about Hurricane Katrina evacuees in Southeast Texas, who are being evicted from rental properties. The Southeast Texas Planning Commission had told them their rents would be paid for one year. Now the Planning Commission is saying due to Rita things have changed, and we must take care of our own first. I am really concerned about how the community is going to be able to pay the costs associated with Hurricane Rita.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.