My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Den and the Library




These are pictures of my two front bedrooms where Hurricane Rita damaged the sheetrock around the windows. I loaded my old ironing board in the trunk of my car. Many years ago I bought two tie-down straps that I use to hold the trunk lid down when there is something sticking out of the trunk. They held securely, and I managed get take the ironing board to the Goodwill donation station without incident. I stored the new ironing board in the old one’s place and got it out of the library.

I also have a Yamaha electronic keyboard on a stand and a little bench that were taking up space in the library. I bought the keyboard right after I retired with the intention of learning to play it. It hasn’t happened. I folded the stand and little bench and managed to find a place to store them. I then cleaned around the window and put things back in place. The sheetrock damage probably would not be obvious to someone who walks into either of the rooms, but I know it is there, and it bothers me. There is no need to rush to get it repaired. It is probably best to wait for the chaotic situation in Beaumont to settle.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.