My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Insurance Adjuster


I did not hear from the insurance adjuster so around ten yesterday morning I called him. He was over in Louisiana. He said he got my file around midnight, and there was nothing in it, and he would come by and take the information for the report in the afternoon. I said fine I will print out all the information I gave the first adjuster. I printed all of the receipts that I had from the evacuation.

I had scanned and saved everything into my computer. There were 15 pages of receipts. When I looked at the receipt from the hotel in Texarkana, I was dismayed to see that my name, address, full credit card number and expiration date were on the receipt. I wondered where the first adjuster lost my paperwork. What a jerk! I took a pair of scissors and cut out the credit card information from the new set of receipts that I had printed. I am at risk from the first set. I was not going to place myself in double jeopardy.

The adjuster arrived around one-thirty. He had another man with him. I showed him the damage. He said he was recommending that sections of sheet rock be removed, the rooms painted and the carpet cleaned after the sheetrock and painting. The first adjuster did not give me a clue as to what he would recommend. The first adjuster was a contract employee of USAA. The second one was a regular employee of USAA. He had much better people skills. Now I will just have to wait to see if they are going to treat me fairly or if I will have a battle on my hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.