My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Fall Travel


Six weeks ago I intended to go to London this fall. I have not acted on my intention because of the terrorist situation and also I am waiting to see if American Airlines will restore service to the local airport. I am really suffering from cabin fever. Yesterday I received a mailing from a local tour group. They have added four new short trips to their fall schedule. I immediately signed up.

In October they are going to Tyler, Texas, to see The Devonshire Inheritance: Five Centuries of Collecting at Chatsworth and The Texas Rose Festival. The Devonshire collection comes from Chatsworth, in England and is a collection of the Cavendish family treasures. The Texas Rose Festival name speaks for itself.

In November the tour is to the 2005 Nutcracker Market in the Reliant Center in Houston. The Christmas market benefits the Houston Ballet.

There are two trips in December. The first is to Natchitoches, Louisiana, for the Christmas Festival. There will be a Christmas lights tour and a visit to Melrose Plantation.

The final trip is to Galveston, also in December, and visits the Moody Gardens Festival of lights, Haak Vineyards and Winery,and Kemah Christmas Store. There will be a dinner at Gaido’s famous seafood restaurant.

These trips will give me an opportunity to give my camera a workout and relieve a little of my cabin fever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.