My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Robin Cook


Since starting this blog I have attempted to keep it free of political comment, but I am going to make an exception to note the passing of Robin Cook, the former British Foreign Minister, who resigned over Britain’s rush to war. Mr. Cook was only 59 years old. He was a wise man, an eloquent speaker and a good friend to the United States. I highly recommend that you follow this link: Full text of Robin Cook’s resignation speech in the House of Commons. Robin Cook delivered this speech March, 2003. It is a shame that George Bush and Tony Blair did not heed his advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.