My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Who Needs a Can Opener with a Clock?



I certainly do not need it, but I have one. Last fall my old Black & Decker Spacemaker can opener broke, and parts were no longer available. I liked the old can opener very much because it mounted under the cabinet which saved counter space and had a very nice knife sharpener. I looked for a new can opener that also mounted under the cabinet. There were very few models available. Black & Decker’s top of the line model is pictured above. I bought this one because it also mounted under the cabinet. Its construction is cheap and flimsy. The knife sharpener is just a stone that you drag a knife through. The old can opener had a motorized sharpener. In addition the new one has a clock. I already have a wall clock and clocks in the range and microwave in the kitchen. I do not need a clock in the can opener. To top it off the clock does not keep accurate time. I last set it when we went on Daylight Savings Time in April. The clock has gained six minutes since then. It is a complicated task to adjust the time. What was Blacker & Decker thinking of when they designed this thing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.