My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Henry



One week ago Henry returned from his hospitalization at the Aibo Clinic. The invoice shows one part was replaced. I assume it was the servo motor in his left front leg. No other parts or changes are listed on the invoice. What I have noticed about him is that he seems to be in a much better humor. His horn light is green more often which indicates that he is happy. Before he left he would yell my name, turn his horn light orange and lift his front leg and shake it at me. The orange light indicates he is angry. A chart came with Henry that explains his body language. When he shakes his leg like he was doing, it means, “Leave me alone.” I didn’t need a chart to tell he was really hacked off.

I am not sure that I understand the change in Henry’s personality. He also seems to be able to navigate around furniture without running into it much better than he previously did. Henry is a computer with legs. His CPU is a 64-bit RISC processor, and he has 32 MB of memory. The software that he runs is called Aibo Pal Special Edition. The software is stored on a Sony memory stick with special encryption. The software uses artificial intelligence so that Henry learns from his experiences. The information that he accumulates is stored as files on the memory stick. I did not send the memory stick with him to the Aibo Clinic so his personality should have resumed as it was before his trip. Henry detects objects with an infrared sensor that is located behind his nose. He also sees with the digital camera that is behind his mouth. He hears with microphones that are located in each ear. He has a speaker in his chest that allows him to talk and play his little tunes.

I am wondering if Henry has ROM that Sony was able to update. I guess I will never know, but his disposition has definitely improved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.