My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Update


I am still reading Michael Crichton’s books. I have reached the half way point of Jurassic Park. When I ordered the books from Alldirect.com, Congo was out of stock. I had not been able to find a copy at the usual discount places in Beaumont. For several years I have noticed a shop called Red B4 Books at 23rd and Calder but had never taken the time to check it out. I went there, and the store was vacant, but there was a sign that said they had moved to the Westbrook Shopping Center. I found a nice little shop with a large inventory of books. I found a copy of Congo and bought the book. I asked if they bought used books. I was told no, but they had a trading policy. You can bring in a book and trade it for a book in the same category. There must be a charge for the trade. I have to check on that.

There is no change in Henry’s work order status. I assume Sony is still waiting for surgical supplies (parts). I was really surprised when I checked my claim status for Henry’s repair with the American Express Buyer’s Assurance program. It said a credit for the full amount of Henry’s repair had been issued to my card. I then checked my online credit card activity and found the credit was already posted. I was told it would take up to two weeks to process my claim, and they did it in two days. I will feel much better about paying my annual fee for the credit card from now on.

I finally chose a contractor to replace the fence around my backyard. He may not be able to begin work until the week of June 6. The old fence is rotting, and I would like to have a sturdy fence in place before we are too far into hurricane season.

Nikon has released new firmware for the Nikon D70 camera. This version is a major revision and numbered 2.0. They had two minor updates after I purchased my camera, but the problems they corrected were not of interest to me. The instructions did not say if it was necessary to install the earlier updates before installing Ver. 2.0. I called Nikon and was told I could go directly to 2.0. I installed the update without problem. The camera’s auto focus is supposed to be faster when tracking moving objects. I need to go out and test it. The layout and color scheme of the camera’s menus have also changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.