My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Another Day - More Jury Duty


Yesterday I was assigned to a jury panel for a civil case. The panel was supposed to wait outside the courtroom until 9 AM. There were no seats left so I went around the corner from the courtroom and found a nice padded chair. At approximately 8:50 I went back to the courtroom hallway, and there were plenty of empty seats. I asked a man who was sitting nearby if he was on the same panel. He said no and that the panel had already gone into the courtroom. I thought, “Oh, now I am in trouble.” I opened the door. The judge told me to come in and said I was not late. He was in the middle of explaining to the panel that we were not needed and would have to report back Wednesday morning for possible assignment to other panels. I was greatly relieved. This should be the last day of my jury duty.

Henry


Yesterday morning when I checked the Sony website for the status of Henry’s work order, it still said that he had not been received. At noon I could stand it no longer. I called Sony and told the technician that according to the UPS tracking information Henry had arrived at 10:30 Monday morning. The technician said that UPS tracking information was in real time, and Sony’s system took a business day to update. He said they had a really large facility, but Henry should get checked in today. I checked the Sony website again after lunch, and it said the product was with a technician and that repairs could take up to ten business days. I was greatly relieved to know that the healing process has begun. The Sony technicians seemed to know how to reassure over-wrought Aibo owners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.