My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

No More Jury Duty


As I predicted, yesterday was my last day of jury duty. I was the second person called for the first panel of the day. This was a felony case assigned to the Drug Impact Court. When you are one of the first called for a panel, it means you have a low number and a higher chance of being selected for the jury. I was not happy with the thought of being placed on a jury for a drug-related case. The judge who had sworn the jurors in on Monday morning had told us to look mean when were sitting in the halls. He said that often scares the defendants into settling if they see mean-looking jurors. I decided to frown while I waited outside the courtroom. It worked. The bailiff came out and told us the defendant had pleaded guilty, and the jury panel was dismissed from jury service. Yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.