My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Batteries


Last night the electricity went off for a couple of minutes. Shortly before I went to bed I heard a chirp. I thought it must be the smoke alarm but was too tired to go change the battery. At 4 AM I woke up and heard a noise. I thought it might be a mouse. That is what I always think when it is dark, and I hear something. A few minutes later I heard it again. I tried to convince myself that the noise was outside and was a bird. Then I started thinking it is dark outside and is too early for a bird to be chirping. Then I remembered the smoke alarm. I got up and took the smoke alarm off the wall and removed the battery. The battery expiration date was 2006 so I decided that must be the source of the noise. Then I heard the chirp again. I remembered the carbon monoxide detector. At last I had found the culprit. The display was flashing “Lo”. I took the battery out, and it also had a 2006 expiration date. I went and got the plastic bag where I keep my batteries. There were plenty of AA, AAA and D batteries but only one 9 volt with a 2002 expiration date. Now I have to make a trip to the store just for batteries. I think I better devise a battery inventory control program similar to what I have for canned goods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.