My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Video on Demand


I finally tried Video on Demand on Time Warner’s digital cable. It has been available for several years for pay movies. I would rather see movies on the big screen in the theater and have never bothered with it. Sometime within the last year they added a few free television programs to the system. I watched a documentary from Court TV while I did my laundry. It was free of commercials and I was able to pause and resume. I liked it. Then I watched another program from A&E network. This one had commercials. Also when I paused the program, I was unable to resume at the point where I left off. I had to fast forward. This was annoying, and I gave up. The selection of free TV shows was limited. I really got disgusted when I found they wanted to charge $3.95 for a program from National Geographic. I pay over $110 each month which includes the RoadRunner internet service. I think they could throw in the National Geographic programs for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.