My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Shopping


There is an article in USA Today this morning, Networks hope remote-control shopping clicks about a new way of shopping called “t-commerce”. It will work like Video on Demand for digital cable and satellite TV subscribers. This is something I can definitely do without. The shopping channels as they are now are bad enough. I cannot understand impulse shopping or those who indulge in the practice. Before I spend my money I have to do my research. I compare prices and give myself a cooling off period before I make a final decision. I love the shopping bots on the internet such as a Pricegrabber.com that allow me to easily compare prices. I create wish lists on Amazon.com and frequently check for price drops. With the current TV shopping networks people at least have time to do a little thinking when they place a telephone call, but with t-commerce the lag time is considerably reduced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.