My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Wal-Mart Self-Checkout Again


Readers of my blog are going to think I am obsessed with this topic. It has been eight days since I visited Wal-Mart. Last time I had no problems, and again this week there were no major problems. The scanner was rather recalcitrant with one item. A supervisor came over to help just as the machine decided to read the UPC. I tried something for the first time: I used a 75 cents off coupon. It was one I had printed with my HP Laserjet. Wal-Mart’s scanner read it on the first try and told me to deposit the coupon in the slot. The machine accepted the Wal-Mart Shopping Card without problem. This is progress.

I bought a couple of items that I thought would be difficult to find. I found the 3M Microfiber lens cleaning clothes for a much lower price than I had seen on the internet. I also found a pop-up, lighted magnifier than I had searched for on her internet for about 30 percent less. Wal-Mart also reduced the price of the Senseo coffee pods while raising the price of the pods for the Home Café systems

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.