My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

At Last

My life has settled down to something that resembles a normal routine. All the news this week about Hurricane Dean made me go back and read what I had written two years ago about Hurricane Rita. I am so glad I moved away from the Gulf Coast and do not have to think about a possible evacuation. Dallas is not free of severe weather hazards, but I seriously doubt that I will ever hear the words, mandatory evacuation, for the entire area.
 
The final warranty repairs on my house have been completed. I had a second visit from a locksmith yesterday. This time they sent a man who has been a locksmith for 44 years. He knew what he was doing. The wrong strike plate had been installed on the front door. The first guy just shot WD-40 in the lock and said it was fixed. The experienced man analyzed the problem and found why the lock was hanging.
 
The outside swimming pool opened two weeks ago. I have gone there a few times. The twice weekly water walking class has a fairly large turnout. Otherwise just a few people seem to be taking their grandchildren to the pool. I have gone there a couple of times by myself and managed to stay for an hour each time. After I have cooled off in the water, I listen to podcasts on my iPod.
 
My computer's good behavior has ended. It has been having the same old problem which is hanging during shutdown. I have exhausted every possible theory. I don't have a clue what causes the problem.
 
I got the invitations for the September Red Hat luncheon sent out. It is going to be the day after Labor Day. I thought the date being so close to the holiday might cause a problem, but there are already a large number who have RSVP'ed that they will attend. The red Grasshopper shoes with the appliqued red hats came last week. I will wear them for the first time at the next luncheon.
 
The camera club meeting is Thursday night. The chairman of the group wants me to get the field trip committee jump started. We have only.)had a couple of field trips so far. I am pretty good at getting things organized. (That means I am a good nagger)
 
I am still working Sudoku puzzles. I tired to solve the very hard puzzle that is at the bottom of the blog today. I got to a point where I just could not fill in the next number. I went back to the website and asked for a hint. I got one number. That one missing number was the key to the whole puzzle. Once I had it, the rest of the numbers fell into place.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I like your article. It is important to find an honest and reliable locksmith. Some companies run a criminal background check on all employees to help ensure their people are trustworthy. If you are nervous about hiring a locksmith, ask about the background check policy when you call a company for help. Like other contractors, qualities of a good locksmith include professionalism, efficiency and reliability. Be aware that most professional locksmiths will want to check you out as well. They will want to be sure you are the property owner before helping you break into a house. Don't get offended by these questions. You should want a professional who will take the time to verify ownership before allowing access to your home, business or vehicle. The locksmith doesn't want to be responsible for helping a criminal break into a home or steal a car.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.