My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Even Worse - Sort Of

I was so shocked when I saw the off center air return duct, I put the
filter back in place and closed it up. I decided I needed another
look. I put flattened moving boxes on the floor and set the 6 ft.
ladder on the cardboard to protect the carpet. I climbed back up for
another look. I lost my balance and made a quick leap down three
steps. I am borderline on osteoporosis so this is not something I
should be doing. I climbed back up and saw a wasp's nest. I had found
several dead wasps in the house. I looked at what I could see of the
frame surrounding the duct. It does look well sealed on 3 sides but I
cannot tell about the part where the duct protrudes into the attic
instead of being over the opening. One positive thing is the air
conditioner is not running what I consider to be an excessive amount.
The house I had in Houston that had the hole in the air return duct
could not maintain temperature on hot days and ran continuously. This
one is not doing that. My only complaint is that the house seems too
humid. That was always a problem back in Beaumont on cooler days with
high humidity. The air conditioner would not run enough to dehumidify
the air. I am afraid my ancient training in heat transfer and
thermodynamics has turned me into complete worry wart when it comes to
energy consumption. I truly dread the day when I turn the heat on for
the first time.

The neighbors who have lived in an RV for the past two years have
returned from New Mexico with their furniture that was in storage.
They have a Budget do-it-yourself moving truck. They have two sons
helping them so their furniture is probably getting much more careful
handling than mine got. The other neighbors left on their big vacation
and trip back to Puerto Rico today. I miss them already. They are good
interesting people.

The bad things that have happened over the past few weeks have turned
my attitude very negative. I have to try and have positive thoughts. I
keep telling myself that Pulte does have a very good reputation in the
Dallas market. I have met several people who are buying into Frisco
Lakes that previously owned Pulte homes and that was their basis for
buy into Frisco Lakes. On the other hand I have a former co-worker who
lives in Sun City Texas. He moved there before Pulte bought Del Webb.
He told me the quality of the homes deteriorated when Pulte took over.
He encouraged me to look into a resale home at Georgetown. I wonder if
it is easier to to find a mailbox at Sun City Texas. I am being
somewhat facetious. I really like Frisco and the Dallas area much
better than Georgetown and Austin.

The Texas State Fair may have started or will be starting soon. I
remember last year when I rode the DART train to the Sixth Floor
Museum, I talked with some women who were going to the fair via DART.
I should look into that. A little diversion from the house would be
good for me. Thinking of last year made me remember that Hurricane
Rita struck Beaumont in the wee hours of September 24. That was also
the date that I saw Frisco for the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.