My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Update

It was a busy week. I had quite a few tasks to contend with, but I am moving forward. Efficient Systems gave my air conditioner the spring check. The technician said everything was within normal limits, and the duct work and insulation in the attic were in good shape. I encouraged him to document his comments in his report. The realtors said it would be helpful to have those reports to show prospective buyers.
 
Yesterday there was an incident at the doctor's office that was quite disconcerting. My appointment was at 8:15. I got there a few minutes before eight. About 8:20 I talked to a man who was in the waiting area when I arrived. He was waiting for the same doctor that I was. A few minutes later I saw him over at the drinking fountain. I looked away. Then I heard a thud. The woman who was sitting near me screamed. I looked over and said, "what is the matter?" She said that man collapsed. I was sitting with my back to the reception area. I looked back, and the man who I had talked with earlier was flat on his back on the floor. The receptionist was yelling that he did not have a pulse. The nurses came running out. Someone was yelling to get my doctor and call 911. The next time I looked his head was propped up. They got an IV started and put an oxygen mask on him. It was only two or three minutes until the Beaumont Fire Rescue squad showed up. My doctor's staff turned the man over to the emergency medical team. They worked on the man for quite some time and finally put him on a stretcher and took him to the hospital. I was quite impressed with the rapid response from EMS.
 
Needless to say I had an extended wait before I saw my doctor. I was there to get the results of the bone density test. He had good news and bad new. My spine has improved, but the hip bones are worse. That is not good. I reminded him that both my grandmothers and my mother had broken hips. He said I should have a blood test to check the calcium level. I had another wait over in the lab for them to draw blood.
 
I told my doctor about my upcoming move. He was unable to recommend a doctor in Frisco. He asked why I was moving. I told him about the new Del Webb community. He said he used to live in Phoenix and was very familiar with the Sun Cities. He just congratulated me on the move. I was relieved that I did have to listen to any more comments that make me feel decrepit. He gave me an additional 30 day prescription to have on hand just in case I have any problems with the mail order prescription service when I am changing addresses.
 
I went by Goodwill and dropped off more items. I went through the kitchen on Thursday and started on the coat closet. I will finish the coat closet today and start on the cabinets in the utility room. I am going to miss the cabinets in the utility room. The new house just has a single open shelf over the washer and dryer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.