My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Step Forward


I saw a news item today that says the Beaumont Target store will reopen on Thursday. Hurricane Rita caused the roof to fall. I welcome every sign of the return to normalcy that I see. Ten of the fourteen houses on my street now have new roofs. The owners of the remaining four all have made arrangements for the roof replacements. The street in back of me which is part of our homes association is not progressing as fast as our street. Most of the destroyed fences have been replaced. I cannot judge how the interior repairs are progressing. The roofs are the first step before the interior damage can be repaired. In the past I have seen how terrible hurricane destruction is immediately after the storm. I never fully comprehended how slow and painful the recovery process is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.