My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Short Attention Span


Several of the news networks have been reporting on how the victims of Hurricane Katrina are almost forgotten. Well if Katrina victims are forgotten I think Rita victims are completely forgotten. Mark Hancock, The Beaumont Enterprise photojournalist, has a very sharp reminder of what Hurricane Rita did in his blog today: Cameron two months later. Here is a story from KFDM that also describes how slow and difficult the recovery is: Holidays Add Stress To Hurricane Rita Victims. I know that even though I had very minor damage from the hurricane my life has changed. I look at things differently and am still have a sense of dread. Finally here is an article from The Houston Chronicle: Many nursing home evacuees still isolated or homeless. This article scares me silly and reminds me why I must move. I do not want to grow old all alone on the Gulf Coast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.