My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Things are looking up


I am very grateful to the lady named, Sherry, who emailed me about the streaming audio from KLVI. Conditions are deplorable in Beaumont right now. One man who called in said he is bathing in his swimming pool. Another woman is going outdoors to go to the bathroom.

I called my insurance company and started the claim process. They cannot do anything until I can go back and inspect my property. They said take pictures and save all receipts. I read the policy and found the provisions covering temporary living expenses. I should be fine. I told the insurance representative what I am paying for hotels. She said that sounded very reasonable from the claims she has seen from Katrina.

I made arrangements with the Hampton Inn here in Richardson to extend my reservation up to a month. They are going to give me a slightly lower rate than I paid for the first two nights. I may want to move to a hotel closer to Beaumont after the Houston people go back home. In a day or two I am going to have to turn my attention to more mundane tasks such as doing laundry.

It was good to visit with my old friend, Marguerite, yesterday. We had not seen each other since 1999. She is a real estate agent and held an open house in one of her listings yesterday. She took me with her. We sat there and talked during the lulls when no one was going through the house. It was a good diversion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.