My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

I have a new life


All my old worries are gone. No more house to clean and repair. No possessions to worry about. I left Texarkana and drove to Frisco (north of Dallas). The Hampton Inn let me check in at 9:30 AM. There was a FEMA rep. in the hotel lobby back in Texarkana. She said register with FEMA immediately even though I have resources. I tried to do that. I could not do it online because they have not assigned a FEMA case number to Rita. I then called the 800 number. I talked to an agent, and she said it would be a week or so before a case number is assigned to Rita. Red tape.

I am moving on to Richardson tomorrow night. An old college roommate lives there. I will stay in the Hampton Inn in Richardson. My friend is going to London on Tuesday, and I think she was offering me her townhouse. I heard on the radio that Beaumont is being cordoned off and it will be a month before power is restored. There are fires there that the fire department cannot get to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.