My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

A Little More Information


The Beaumont Enterprise confirms that evacuees may have to stay away up to a month. The article did say water is to be restored today and will have to be boiled for 48 hours. Beaumont received 8.3 inches of rain. That is a lot, but I have seen my area withstand that much with no flooding. I saw more pictures on CNN this morning of places that I recognize. I still have not seen anything as far west as my house. My imagination can picture my house across the gamut from no damage to total destruction. There are so many fallen trees and downed power lines it would be extremely foolish to attempt to go back. One article I read indicated evacuees would be turned away.

KFDM has its website back up and is reporting on conditions. KBTV’s website stayed online, but they did no reporting. The City of Beaumont’s website is online, but it has no Rita information. Jefferson County’s website is down.

Tomorrow I will start contacting my insurance company. I have three separate policies to contend with. My homeowners is with USAA. My windstorm insurance is insurance of last resort through the State of Texas. Then I have the FEMA flood insurance. Fortunately all three are administered by USAA. My head has been too rattled to study the policies. What I want right now is to know if they will reimburse me for my hotel stays, gasoline and meals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.