My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

This Blog


Back in 2003 I first heard the word blog on CNN. I did a Google search and found Blogger.com. I signed up and created this blog. During the 2004 presidential campaign blogs were in the news everyday. I decided to start making daily additions to this blog. Now I have reached a point that I need some help. There are several formatting problems with this blog that I do not know who to fix:

1. I do not know how to separate the title from the body of an article so that there is a separation that Talkr.com recognizes.

2. There are double bullets in front of my buttons in the sidebar. I do not know how to remove the dark ones.

3. I do not know how to align the comments, posted by and listen to footers at the bottom of each article.

I have searched the Blogger.com help and knowledge base and have been unable to find answers to my problems. I did a search for a how-to book on blogging. The only book that I found is Publishing a Blog with Blogger: Visual Quick Project Guide by Elizabeth Castro. I do not know if this book will help me or not. I am going to look for it at a local bookstore. Blogger uses something close to html code in the templates called tags. I do not understand the tags. I hope this book has the kind of information I need to fix my problems.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Sally said…

    I found a partial fix for the formatting problems. I got rid of the bullets in front of the buttons. I do not like the separation between the word "counter" and the actual counter, but again I am lost.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Sally said…

    Solved the counter problem by getting a new counter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.