My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Microsoft AntiSpyware


A few months ago I installed Microsoft’s AntiSpyware beta software on my pc. I usually avoid beta software like the plague, but at the time it was released I was hearing so much about spyware that I decided to try Microsoft’s AntiSpyware because it was free, and it sounded like a rebranded version of the antispyware that they had purchased from another company. To the best of my knowledge the program has caused no problems on my pc. It does a daily scan and has been updating without problem. The program carried an expiration date in July. This morning I received a notification that a new version of the program was available. I chose to install the new software. It was a successful install. The only difference that I can detect is that the expiration date is now in December, and it is still labeled Beta 1. The program has not found spyware on my pc. I hope this condition continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.