My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Welecome Home from Iraq



Yesterday my thoughts turned from the inane to the more serious. A parade was held in the downtown area to honor and welcome home a local Army Reserve unit, which had spent the past 13 months in Iraq. I do not know any of the people in the unit, but it felt good to stand on the sidewalk and applaud them. I am sure that they got the message that their efforts are appreciated. The unit lost one man when his vehicle encountered an IED. The lead vehicle in the parade carried a sign with his picture. I was not in favor of the Iraq war, but I still want to express my thanks to the brave men and women who have put their lives at risk for our country. I think back to the shameful way the Vietnam veterans were treated and am very glad that the country has learned a lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.