My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Jar Openers


For years I struggled to open jars. I would tap around the lid with a knife and then apply all the strength I could muster. Sometimes I thought I would never get the lid off. Then I bought one of the jar opener tools similar to the one shown at left. This tool was a big help. At times it still required a great deal of strength. Last summer I tried to open a jar, and I think I caused nerve damage in my hand. I lost feeling in my right thumb. It took months to regain feeling. I still have a numb spot on my thumb.

At Christmas time I began to notice Black & Decker's ads for their Lids Off jar opener. I found a pretty good price on it and decided to buy one. I had my doubts about it, but I have found the thing really works. It is simple to use. You lift the top until it locks, place the jar on the turntable, lower the top until it rests on the jar and then press the button until the lid is removed. My only complaint is that it is rather large and takes up quite a bit of cabinet space, but something with so much muscle is bound to be large. I wish I could have bought one of these years ago. I highly recommend the Lids Off for everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.