My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Disastrous Storms

It is Christmas, and it is supposed to be a joyous time. However, I am still having feelings of dread and fear. I survived Hurricane Rita with only minor damage to my home. For that I am very thankful, but every time I turn on the television there are reminders of the disastrous storms that have occurred in 2005. There are stories about global warming and how we are moving into a twenty year cycle of intense hurricane activity such as we had in 2005. It has made me consider selling my home and moving away from the Gulf Coast. I am exploring the possibility of moving to Frisco which is a northern suburb of Dallas. Last night I watched a program on the National Geographic Channel on tornadoes. It had a segment on what would happen if a giant tornado struck Dallas. It made me wonder if I might be moving into a more dangerous area than the Gulf Coast. I grew up in Kansas City which is definitely in tornado alley. As a child and young adult, I was invincible, but I remember how fearful my mother was every time there were tornado warnings. She knew just which corner of the basement was the safest place. It made me think that the Del Webb houses in Frisco Lakes will probably be slab construction like the houses on the Gulf Coast. I wonder if they are making any provisions to protect the community from killer storms.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Lumoto said…

    Merry Christmas, Sally! Don't worry about those severe storms. Stick around where people love you! There is no sanctuary from at least some kind of threatening weather. At least the hurricanes give us a fair warning!
    Hope you have a joyous and wonderful Christmas Day!
    Sherry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.