My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza



This morning I drove my car to the Arapaho Transit Center and rode the DART train to the West End Station which is approximately one block from the Sixth Floor JFK Museum. The building was formerly known as the Texas School Book Depository where Lee Harvey Oswald shot President Kennedy on November 22, 1963. It really gave me a very uneasy feeling to look out that sixth floor window down onto the road with the X on it that marks the spot where the presidential limo was passing when the bullet struck. I had just graduated from college in 1963. I will never forget that day when our country was robbed of its innocence.

Photography inside the building is not allowed. I did take a few pictures around the outside. My photos are at: The Sixth Floor Museum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.