My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

A Wonderful Phone Call


This morning when I was on the Monorail Safari at the Dallas Zoo I thought I heard my cell phone ringing. When I got off the ride, I checked my phone; and there was 1 missed call from area code 409. I returned the call, and it was Joe, my neighbor from directly across the street. He said, “Sally, I just want you to know that your house came through unscathed.” He said as far as he could tell it had not lost a single shingle and the siding is all in place. He said he lost some siding on his. He drove over from Houston. He said he had a terrible time getting to the houses, and he was on his way back to Houston. He said it looked like a war zone and was hotter than Hades in Beaumont. He told me to stay put and just pretend that I am on vacation. That is exactly what I am going to do. I still have not shed a tear, but I almost did this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.