My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Chores


I did a little inventory this morning and found I had clean underwear only for the next two days. I checked the internet for directions and found where the closest Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club were located. I got some Tide detergent and bottled water at Wal-Mart and filled the car with gas at Sam’s Club. I had only used three gallons of gas since Saturday when I filled up in Frisco. I followed the directions the desk clerk had given me to the coin operated laundry. I was in rush hour traffic but managed to find the laundry without problem. One look at the place really made me miss my nice washer and dryer back home. Anyway I managed to wash and dry my clothes, and they do not look as if they suffered any harm from the process.

When I came back to the room, I created an Excel worksheet to tabulate the expenses I have incurred during this ordeal. I now have a spreadsheet that resembles the expense reports I used to turn in back in my pre-retirement days.

It is almost lunch time and housekeeping has not shown up to clean my room. When I travel, I like to have my room cleaned first thing in the morning. I have noticed that in this hotel they seem to start at a different point on the floor each day and work around the rooms in a circle. I guess I will visit the various websites that have news of Beaumont before lunch. Tomorrow I am going to visit The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza. This is the site that chronicles the assassination of President Kennedy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.