My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Not Much to Say


My new life is settling into a routine. The Hampton Inn provides a breakfast buffet each morning which is fairly good. I am glad I do not have to drive somewhere for breakfast. They also deliver a copy of USA Today to my room. The air conditioning works well. The housekeeper is very pleasant and does a nice job of cleaning the room.

I have been checking the Beaumont West End damage reports on hurricaneritasurvivors.com and the blog that The Beaumont Enterprise has set up. Some people are getting very irritated that they are being kept away from their homes. I do not want to go near the place while there are trees and power lines all over the roads. It is hard to imagine anything worse than Beaumont, Texas, without air conditioning.

The desk clerk gave me the name of a coin operated laundry and showed me how to get there. That will be the big event of my day tomorrow. My friend, Marguerite, is leaving for a week in London today. I am completely on my own again. Please leave comments on this blog. I need a little encouragement.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger momula said…

    Hi Sally,
    From the looks of the pictures, and the article about living like "cavemen", it's obvious you did the right thing in leaving. Thank goodness you had the brains and the means to do so!
    It sounds like you need a reprieve from all things hurricane-related. Have you read the latest book by John Grisham? Did you bring your camera with you? Maybe you could take nice pictures of Richardson to remind you of an "up-side" of this experience.
    Take care and keep posting!

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Sally said…

    Hi Momula,
    I listened to an audio addition of John Grishamn's The Broker a week or two before the storm. I have six books by Robert Ludlum with me but have not none any reading yet. I have spent most of my time on the computer seeking information. I brought my camera equipment with me. I feel like a country bumpkin. The traffic here in Richardson scares me.
    Sally

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.