My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Spyware Scare


This morning while I was working on my computer the Microsoft AntiSpyware program showed an alert that an attempt was being made to install fixcond.bat to the registry of my computer and asked if I wanted to block it. I chose to block it, and a warning popped up that said my pc might not start properly and told me how to unblock the program. I went to Google and searched for fixcond.bat. The search yielded no results. I then went to a site that has a database of Windows files. This search also failed to find the program. Finally I went to the Microsoft Knowledge Database and found nothing. I went ahead and let Microsoft AntiSpyware block the program. I restarted my computer without problem. I will be watching my pc carefully for problems over the next few days. If nothing develops, I will conclude that the Microsoft AntiSpyware program did its job, and I will glad that it is installed on my computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.