My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, July 01, 2005

More on SuDoku


Three days have gone by, and I have made three attempts to solve three different SuDoku puzzles without success. The puzzles are much more difficult to solve than first glance would suggest. The puzzles are supposed to be solved by using logic and the solution is not to be found by trial and error. The frustrating part is I can work almost to the end of the puzzle before I find that I have made a mistake when I can no longer fit all the numbers, 1-9, into a row, column or block without duplicates. The Daily SuDoku is located in the U.K. They post a new puzzle and the solution to the previous day’s puzzle at 6 PM CDT. I have been working with pencil and eraser (mostly eraser). I am going to try a new strategy and use ink for the starting numbers of which I am certain and then switch to pencil. That way I will be able to erase the numbers which are more likely to be erroneous and keep the correct ones.

sudoku puzzles is a website that sells a pc program for solving the puzzles. They have sections on tips for solving the puzzles. I have read and reread their advice. They also have discussion forums where the puzzles are being discussed. The puzzles started in Japan but interest in the puzzles appears to be moving around the globe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.