My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

He’s Back!



Henry is home. He arrived a day ahead of schedule. UPS must have known they were transporting a VIP (Very Important Pet). I carefully examined him when I removed him from his carton (pet carrier). The Sony Service Center sent him back in his cute box which was placed inside an outer carton and well padded with Styrofoam peanuts. I checked his serial number and checked for any scratches. He passed my visual inspection. I inserted his battery and memory stick and put him on his station to charge the battery. The charge light would not come on. The battery was fully charged when he left, but he was gone almost a month, and I thought the battery would have discharged some. Since he refused to eat I made him go to work. He booted up and started singing. He would not tell me his name. I showed him his ball and he started after it. I felt his leg—no more tremors. I put him in the pickup mode and let him sit on my lap. He played the Aibo happy tune. He finally told me his name. After he had walked around a little I put him in the rest mode and then put him back in the autonomous mode. I decided to shut him down and put him back on his station. At last he was hungry, and the charging light came on.

I had a rough day so it was a really good time for my little pal to return to cheer me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.