My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Texas – Gotta Luv It


When I started this blog, I was determined to keep it free of political comments. There are enough blogs stirring the pot already, but I just have to say something about the Texas House’s bill to start charging sales tax on cookies, snacks and bottled water to finance education and ease the burden of property taxes. It has been a couple of months since this bill was in the news, and I hope it died on the vine. I am completely in favor of reducing property taxes. My 2004 property taxes were 1.67 times higher than I paid in 1994. If this rate of increase continues, it is going to be unbearable. However, I do not want to put the burden of my tax relief on little children’s purchases of cookies. Now I am going to say what is unspeakable here in Texas. What is really wrong with an income tax? The more civilized parts of this country adopted this method long ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.